With Christmas right around the corner, we are all searching for that special outfit to wear. From your work Christmas lunch and Christmas parties, to Christmas day and New Year’s Eve, many of us invest in pieces that are amazing for the festive period, but not so versatile outside of this.
This year, why not invest in a look that you’ll be able to wear again once party season is over? Clever styling tips and careful choices will result in an outfit that’s great for this time of year, but not wasted once Christmas is over. Read on to discover three styles that will wow at your Christmas party, but that you can rewear into next season…
Executive look: The fitted black blazer
A black blazer can be an incredibly versatile piece, you just need to know how to style it. Go for something tailored that you can wear to the office all year round, and that looks smart enough for a party but can be dressed up too. Here are two outfit ideas:
- Christmas: Team your black blazer with a semi-sheer khaki shirt for a playful and on-trend look. Style with a pair of simple black trousers and add a fur collar for that wintery and festive touch.
2. Office: For the office, style your blazer with a mauve coloured canalé jumper and team with grey jeans.
Boho chic look: The midi skirt
A midi skirt is a great fashion piece for winter to have in your wardrobe. Versatile, flattering and on-trend, if you choose to invest in a midi skirt this season, we can promise you that you’ll wear it all year round. Here’s how to style a midi skirt for Christmas and beyond:
- Christmas: For a festive touch, style a midi print skirt with an orange shine sweater and finish with a pair of stiletto heels.
2. Work: For the office, try pairing your print midi skirt with a beige jumper and a pair of ankle boots.
Classic look: The versatile dress
If your style is more classic, you can’t go wrong with a stylish dress. Choose something versatile that you can style differently for a number of occasions. Here’s a festive look and a day look to try:
- Christmas: Go for a simple navy dress and layer it with a red check print coat for an on-trend festive look.
2. Day-to-day: For great everyday style, take the same navy dress and style it with a beige cardigan and a playful printed scarf.
Investing in party season fashion doesn’t have to mean that the pieces you buy end up in the back of your wardrobe until next year. Choose something you love and that you can wear all year round this Christmas – it’s all about how you style it.